On Wednesday, October 8, IKEA Ioannina in collaboration with the Legma Speech Therapy Center organised an information seminar on the topic "SPEECH DEVELOPMENT AND PLAY"
1) Parents had the opportunity to hear how through play the child develops pre-linguistic skills:
- perception (inner speech)
- the eye contact
- the concentration
- the attention
- the imitation
the above skills, if not properly developed, affect the smooth development of oral language.
2) Parents had the opportunity to hear how through play the child develops:
- age-appropriate vocabulary
- correct syntax and grammar as you speak
- the pragmatics of speech
the above skills, if not developed, hinder the proper development of oral language.
3) Parents had the opportunity to see what the appropriate toys are, and how they can use them to develop the above skills.
4) Finally, parents had the opportunity to hear what general principles to follow when talking to their child in order to enhance their child's language skills.